Running a business is a constant cycle of learning, experimenting, believing and marketing. But throughout the process its very crucial to keep learning from the masters of the trade so you don’t repeat the mistakes which they made. Here are a few words of wisdom from the men who have cracked the code of succeeding in this ruthless yet rewarding economy.
- “Persist–don’t take no for an answer. If you’re happy to sit at your desk and not take any risk, you’ll be sitting at your desk for the next 20 years.” Davis Rubenstein , financier
- You won’t just ask somebody if it’s a good idea, you’ll go figure out if it’s a good idea.” Don’t second guess yourself, and remember that trial and error is the best teacher. Mark Cuban, Investor
- “Rule #1: Never lose money. Rule #2: Never forget rule #1.” — Warren Buffet
- “The most meaningful way to differentiate your company from your competitors, the best way to put distance between you and the crowd is to do an outstanding job with information. How you gather, manage and use information will determine whether you win or lose.” — Bill Gates
- “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” — JK Rowling
- “You grow more when you get more people’s perspective.” —Mark Zuckerberg
- Being the richest man … doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.” — Steve Jobs
So whenever you feel nervous or whenever self doubt creeps in, remember most of these successful people started to build their empires from scratch and at one point of time they were also curious ambitious entrepreneurs looking for their place in this huge economy. So brace your heart and go for it and remember like Walt Disney said “tomorrow can be a wonderful age.